Skip to Content

Employment Visas

Interested in a work visa? An employment based visa requires a prospective employer to file a petition with USCIS, which means the employer would be the client. Because the Attorney for Students Office only assists clients that are currently enrolled students, we are not able to assist in the application of an employment visa. 

However, you are still welcome to make an appointment to discuss your case, options, and timeline with an experienced immigration attorney. The Attorney for Students office is comprised of three attorneys with more than 35 years of combined legal experience. Additionally, the Attorney for Students has over ten years of immigration experience. AFS is here to educate Bobcats on their legal rights and responsibilities, and to be a resource. 

Our office--including attorneys and all of our office staff--is bound by the duty of confidentiality and attorney-client privilege. Any communication you make with our office, including phone calls, emails, or in-person and virtual meetings, are protected and privileged. Information about your status or other personal information is safe here. 

To make an appointment with an immigration lawyer, give us a call at (512) 245-2370. Be sure to have your student ID # (ex: A01234567) available to schedule an appointment.